Military and Veteran Candidates
The Professional MBA will not be seating a cohort for 2021
We encourage you to explore the new Online MBA program as an alternative, which is similar in structure and timeline to the PMBA, while incorporating new features like specialization tracks, optional study abroad, and career workshops.
Combine your military experience with Virginia Tech's Professional MBA to move to the next stage in your career
Whether you are interested in transitioning out of the armed forces and into civilian life, or seeking advancement within the military, the Professional MBA program can assist you in reaching your goal.
Virginia Tech is a community with a long military history and is one of only six schools in the nation classified as a Senior Military College. The Professional MBA program is proud to count many active duty military, retired military, and veterans among its students, alumni, faculty, and staff. We are pleased to offer the following benefits to candidates:
- Waiver of $75 application fee
- Waiver of the one-year waiting period for in-state-residency qualifications if recently relocated to Virginia
- Post 9-11 GI Bill eligible
- Student Affairs specialist available to liaise with VA
- Program Coordinator to work with you on your plan of study to maximize your benefits
- Alumni and current students available to speak with ou about their experience
APPLICATION FEE WAIVER
Military applicants can request a waiver for the $75 application fee during the online application process by following the instructions below:
- Start the online application form
- In the Financial Assistance section of the application, check the "Application Fee Waiver Request" box to add the Fee Waiver Request section to your application
- In the Fee Waiver Request section of the application, select "U.S. Military Service (Active Duty or Veteran Status)" in the qualifying activity dropdown, provide service dates, and upload required documentation
OFFICE OF VETERANS SERVICES
Please contact Associate Director of Admissions, Rebecca McGill, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-538-8497 with any questions you may have about the program, application process, military student experience, or other general questions.