The Professional MBA will not be seating a cohort for 2022
We encourage you to explore the new Online MBA program as an alternative, which is similar in structure and timeline to the PMBA, while incorporating new features like specialization tracks, optional study abroad, and career workshops.
Applications for the Virginia Tech Professional MBA program are submitted electronically through the Virginia Tech Graduate School application system. The full application process takes about an hour to complete. You may save entered information and return to the application system at your own pace.
The full application process takes about an hour to complete. You may save entered information and return to the application system at your own pace.
To complete and submit your application, the following application materials are required:
- Completed online application form
- $75 application fee
- Current resume
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts (translated in English if from an international college or university)
- Two letters of recommendation sent electronically
- Two essays
- GMAT/GRE scores or waiver request form
- TOEFL, if necessary
Applicants who present a completed application will be contacted to schedule a 30-minute evaluative interview with the Director of MBA Programs. All interviews currently take place via Zoom.
CREATING AN ACCOUNT
- Go to the Graduate School application system site
- Click the 'Create a New Account' link. Once you confirm your email address, you will receive another email with a temporary passcode.
- Login with your email and temporary passcode
- You will be prompted to create a new passphrase
- Fill in the name fields to finalize your account set up
STARTING YOUR APPLICATION
To start your application:
- Login to the Graduate School application system site with your email address and the passphrase you created
- Click the 'Start New Application' link at the bottom of your home screen
- Select your application term
- Select 'Degree Seeking' as your application type
- Click the 'Create Application' button
- Click the 'Open Application' button
COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you open your application, you will see there are multiple sections to complete. Please fill out the fields as instructed in the application. Additional information for some sections is included below:
- International applicants must apply using their legal name exactly as it appears on their passport
- Returning VT Students must supply your VT student ID number (PID)
- Virginia residents should submit the in-state tuition questionnaire
- Permanent Residents [PR] must supply a copy of PR regstration card
- Non-U.S. citizens must have a visa
Program of Study:
- Select 'Business Administration' from the 'Program' dropdown
- Select 'Professional MBA' from the 'Degree Type' dropdown
- Check the 'Capital (Richmond)' box — All Profesional MBA applicants will select Richmond even if they are from a different home region.
- Select your term of study — You may need to click the 'Continue' button and come back to the 'Program of Study' section to select your term. If you do not see the term options, please ensure that all information has been entered into the 'Domicile Information' section.
RETURNING TO YOUR APPLICATION
- Go to the Graduate School application system site
- Login with your email address and the passphrase you created
- Click the link for the application you want to return to
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Click the 'Review' section to ensure that all required fields have been filled out
- Submit your application
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($75) — If you received an application fee waiver code, please be sure to enter this in the 'Financial Assistance' section before submitting your applicaiton.
Your recommender(s) will receive an email invitation to submit their recommendation letter after you have submitted your application. Please note that recommendation letters do not need to be submitted by the application deadline. There is a short grace period for receipt of your recommendation letter(s) and other supporting documentation.
Applicants who are accepted for admission and intend to enroll will need to send an official transcript(s) showing conferral of their degree(s) to the MBA Program Office at:
Virginia Tech - Northern Virginia Center
MBA Program Office - Suite 341
7054 Haycock Rd.
Falls Church, VA 22043
Please send your GMAT score to the Northern VA Center / Falls Church, VA - ETS Institution Code 5859. Select VT - NVC when registering for the GMAT exam. For additional information on the exam, please visit http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam.aspx.
For the GRE option the code for Virginia Tech is 5859. For additional information about the exam, please visit http://www.ets.org/gre/.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Students with undergraduate degrees from universities outside the U.S. should also submit a report from a credential evaluation service that converts grades into a grade point average (GPA) with a course by course break down of their degree. The university will accept evaluations done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site http://www.naces.org/members.html
- TOEFL scores are required of all international students whose first language is not English, except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction
- For additional information on the TOEFL exam, please visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/
- Additional information for international graduate students can be found on the Cranwell International Center site